BSCS Science Tracks: Connecting Science And Literacy: Investigating Electrical Systems Teacher Edition
Author(s): Biological Sciences Curriculum Studies-10789
PHYSICAL SCIENCE-In the module, students work with batteries, wires, and bulbs, simple motors, and switches to learn about the flow of electricity. They create complete and incomplete circuits and explore multiple ways to get a bulb to light and a motor to run. The module also includes investigations of the ability of materials to conduct electricity or to insulate from such conduction.
BSCS Science Tracks includes a Teacher's Edition, complete with facsimile pages of the student guide, placed exactly where you need them with the Teaching Strategies. In addition, the Teacher's Edition incorporates the following features, designed to help you organize and manage an activity-based science program within your busy teaching day. The Program Overview explains:
- the general philosophy, goals, and features of the program;
- the relationship of the program to the National Science Education Standards, including the content, teaching, and assessment standards, and Benchmarks for Science Literacy;
- the curriculum framework (scope and sequence)
- the BSCS approach to conceptual development and inquiry using
- an instructional model,
- collaborative learning,
- communication skills, and
- clearly articulated assessment strategies;
- the structure of the student guide and resource book; and
- the structure of the Teacher's Edition.