BSCS Science Tracks: Connecting Science And Literacy: Investigating Properties Teacher Edition
Author(s): Biological Sciences Curriculum Studies-10789 , Bscs Escrow Account
PHYSICAL SCIENCE-Students use their senses to observe and describe the properties of objects and the materials from which the objects are made. They sort and classify objects according to their properties and explain their classification systems. The module introduces simple tools of science, such as rulers, magnifiers, and balances so that students can describe the properties of objects more precisely.
BSCS Science Tracks. includes a Teacher's Edition, complete with facsimile pages of the student guide, placed exactly where you need them with the Teaching Strategies. In addition, the Teacher's Edition incorporates the following features, designed to help you organize and manage an activity-based science program within your busy teaching day. The Program Overview explains:
- the general philosophy, goals, and features of the program;
- the relationship of the program to the National Science Education Standards, including the content, teaching, and assessment standards, and Benchmarks for Science Literacy;
- the curriculum framework (scope and sequence)
- the BSCS approach to conceptual development and inquiry using
- an instructional model,
- collaborative learning,
- communication skills, and
- clearly articulated assessment strategies;
- the structure of the student guide and resource book; and
- the structure of the Teacher's Edition.