BSCS Science Tracks: Connecting Science And Literacy: Designing Structures Teacher Edition
Author(s): Biological Sciences Curriculum Studies-10789
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-This module places emphasis on the processes of technological design as students investigate the size, shape, and strength of various structures. Students determine what shapes make a structure strong and steady and identify the design elements of structures they find in their local environment. In this way, students learn that changing the shape of a material can affect its strength and that joining materials together in certain ways does so as well.
BSCS Science Tracks includes a Teacher's Edition, complete with facsimile pages of the student guide, placed exactly where you need them with the Teaching Strategies. In addition, the Teacher's Edition incorporates the following features, designed to help you organize and manage an activity-based science program within your busy teaching day. The Program Overview explains:
- the general philosophy, goals, and features of the program;
- the relationship of the program to the National Science Education Standards, including the content, teaching, and assessment standards, and Benchmarks for Science Literacy;
- the curriculum framework (scope and sequence)
- the BSCS approach to conceptual development and inquiry using
- an instructional model,
- collaborative learning,
- communication skills, and
- clearly articulated assessment strategies;
- the structure of the student guide and resource book; and
- the structure of the Teacher's Edition.