Insights: Grades K-1 The Senses Teacher's Guide
Author(s): Education Development Center Inc
Children are provided with a variety of experiences that encourage them to use all their senses to more closely observe and describe objects and phenomena around them.
They compare, sort, and classify objects by various properties. They compare their senses one to the other, raising questions of what it would be like to be unable to hear, see, taste, touch, and smell.
Each Teacher Guide includes:
- Specific teaching and management strategies
- Detailed teaching sequences for teaching the first three phases of the Learning Experience (Getting Started; Exploring and Discovering; and Processing For Meaning)
- Reproducible masters for Student Science Notebook pages, Group Recording Sheets, and Home-School Worksheets
- Extension activities in science, language arts and social studies
- Assessment materials (an introductory questionnaire, embedded assessments, and a final questionnaire consisting of performance and written components)
- Science Background (provides general science concepts as they are introduced and developed in the module) to help prepare teacher
- Teacher and Student Resources section (annotated lists of children's books, teacher reference books, and technological aids)