Grade Levels: Middle School
Each full-color student eBook includes unit goals, sections and lessons, hints, a glossary, and study guides for each unit and the sections contained within it.
Unique features of the student eBook include:
The dynamic digital activities and tools captivate students, develop and reinforce concepts, and promote fluency. They also serve as a flexible and affordable way to integrate digital curriculum components into traditional classroom instruction. Each eBook contains interactive tools for digital highlighting, note taking, and bookmarking within the text.
Math Innovations offers flexible differentiation strategies to reach learners of all ability levels. Games, and whiteboard-ready activities allow students to review material on their own time in the classroom or at home whether they use the eBook or print Student Edition.
Features within the curriculum that encourage students to review or expand on their knowledge and ensure comprehension include:
•Think Back, which prompts students to go back and review material
•Think Beyond, which challenges talented students and provides additional support
•Think Differently, which provides teaching strategies for all learners, including ELL students
To see how Math Innovations is being used as an accelerated program to prepare for Algebra in two years, view Two Year Math Innovations below. To view how a portion of this coursework is being used as Pre-Algebra one-year coursework, click here.
Sample Lessons A Balancing Act: Focusing on Equality, Algebraic Expressions, and Equations
Teacher: Math Innovations A Balancing Act Lesson 1.1 Teacher.pdf
Student: Math Innovations A Balancing Act Lesson 1.1 Student.pdf
Teacher: Math Innovations A Balancing Act Lesson 1.2 Teacher.pdf
Student: Math Innovations A Balancing Act Lesson 1.2 Student.pdf
Sample Lesson Accent on Algebra: Focusing on Equations, Tables and Graphs
Teacher: Math Innovations Accent on Algebra Lesson 1.1 Teacher.pdf
Student: Math Innovations Accent on Algebra Lesson 1.1 Student.pdf
Kendall Hunt is committed to the successful implementation of our programs. Upon adoption of our program, we will work with district leaders to create an implementation plan that maximizes your ability to use Math Innovations to fulfill your instructional vision and goals.
Professional learning options include:
Provide a solid foundation for Algebra or Integrated Math with two year, accelerated Math Innovations. The coursework for this program is as follows:
1. Course 1: A Balancing Act: Focusing on Equality, Algebraic Expressions and Equations
2. Course 1: Fraction Times: Focusing on Multiplication and Division in Fractions and Decimals
3. Course 1: Sizing Up Shapes: Focusing on Geometry, Measurement and Graphing
4. Course 1: At This Rate: Focusing on Ratios, Proportions and Statistics
5. Course 2: Let's Be Rational: Focusing on Fractions, Decimals and Integers
6. Course 2: Accent on Algebra: Focusing on Equations, Tables and Graphs
1. Course 2: Puzzling Proportions: Focusing on Rates, Percents and Similarity
2. Course 3: Line It Up: Focusing on Linear Relationships
3. Course 3: Solve It: Focusing on Equations, Inequalities and Exponents
4. Course 2: Sizing Up Solids: Focusing on Angles, Surface Area and Volume
5. Course 2: Driven By Data: Focusing on Probability and Data Analysis
6. Course 3: Shape Up: Focusing on Triangles, Transformations and Measurement